How can we improve Everwealth?

Word Banks as Inputs for Description Matching

Currently, when creating a sorting rule, we can require that the description contain a specific word or string of words, and we refine the rule by adding more criteria after that. Sometimes, that means adding several similar criteria in sequence. For example, a "Restaurant" rule will comprise several description criteria, looking something like:

Description contains OLIVE GARDEN
Description contains SWISS CHALET
Description contains COOL RESTAURANT
Description contains REAL RESTAURANT 213

To make rule creation easier and perhaps cleaner, it would be a nice feature to be able to create lists of key words, or a word bank, where we can enter in separate strings that the description can match (items can be delimted by a new line). Then, when defining our sorting rules, we say:

Description contains item from list My Restaurant List

That could be done in a simple text editor that can save these banks to our account. That way, editing our list, and therefore sorting rules, can be done very easily, with a simpler interface.

In this example, that might look something like this:

My Restaurant List
OLIVE GARDEN
SWISS CHALET
COOL RESTAURANT
REAL RESTAURANT 213

Description contains item from list My Restaurant List

I think this interface could make things easier to update rules, and streamline the sorting process for the user.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brandon Vrooman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base